As humans our condition is often to strive for what is just outside of our reach - get outside our comfort zone, do what is not easily attained and advance our achievements to the next level. Cure polio, man on the moon, etc (Editor's note: I'd like to ride a unicorn)
This is none of that - not nearly as noble, not nearly as reputable, but just as far a reach. Sarah and I have resolved to not only enter the 2012 Baja 500, but also to win it. For those of you who may not know what the Baja 500 is we suggest you rent Dust to Glory - a documentary about the longer 1000 mile version of this off-road race set in the Baja desert of Mexico.
A few key facts that we should probably share:
-Where the race allows the entry of both 4 and 2 wheeled vehicles we are opting to trek these 500 miles on a dirt bike.
-I picked up dirt biking 6 weeks ago and Sarah has as of yet not been on a dirt bike...ever (Ed. Note: but I look excellent in body armor)
-The only reason we are waiting a full 10 months to compete is that we simply missed the June deadlines. Otherwise we'd be entering the race now.
(Ed. Note: Jesus Christ, WHAT are we doing!?)
No comments:
Post a Comment